Initially to develop and manage the membership and content contributor programmes. Further down the line, the Development Manager will seek to secure funding for their own role (if required), as well as funding to deliver a range of educational programming. Overall the role is to champion the mission statement of Dyslexia London by raising the profile of the charity online, and through business partnerships in order to allow the charity to grow in a sustainable fashion.
Position: Volunteer Development & Communications Manager
Location: Mostly remote working, some meetings in Central London
Report to: Dyslexia London Chair
Period: 1 day per week for a minimum of 3 months- Starting ASAP
You: A solid background in marketing and communications, specifically digital marketing or business development and want to volunteer some of your time and expertise to a charity, to provide practical and tangible support for people of all ages with dyslexia.Or… Someone who is starting out in the field. You might have some experience, and you want to grow your skills with a hands-on project.Dyslexia London welcome people from all walks of life as long as you have passion and are able to work flexibly.
Us: Small London-based team of volunteers (all with work in different disciplines) working for a charity that is committed to upholding the Equality Act and supporting those with learning difficulties.We have a successful Google Ad campaign that is sponsored by Google non-profits and are looking for someone who can consider this when carrying out tasks.
- Set up membership database and take charge of recruiting new members
- Ensuring current members are receiving their membership dues
- Build and maintain partnerships with London businesses to develop a range of services that meet the needs of our members and the dyslexic community
- Build list of content contributors
- Approach high-profile patrons for the charity
- Support with regular content for social media channels, particularly Facebook and Twitter
- Writing and uploading content for the website: blog posts, news stories (can be outsourced to team of content contributors)
- Planning and drafting email newsletters
- Creating and implementing digital marketing campaigns to support recruitment activities
Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent writing skills in English
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- Understanding of all social media channels, particularly Facebook and Twitter and experience using them in a professional context preferred
- Understanding of WordPress websites
- Experience of e-newsletters, particularly on Mailchimp platform
- Self-starter with the ability to use own initiative and work independently
- Someone who is willing to get ‘stuck in’ with the work of a small charity
Reimbursement of travel into co-working office (within zones 1-6) when attending meetings.
Be able to commit a day a week for a 3 month period, beginning ASAP, working remotely.
How to apply:
Please send a covering letter outlining your interest and suitability and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org