This is an exciting role for a committed and passionate individual who wants to put practical skills to good use with a charity.Dyslexia Association of London has a busy 2019 planned and we are looking for support in meeting the needs of our members and developing the charity’s offerings to expand our reach.Research states that 1 in 10 people in the UK is living with varying degrees of dyslexia, affecting their work and personal lives.Dyslexia London currently offers online support and some information on our website, however, we are looking to introduce practical programming such as CV clinics and educational workshops.
The main job is to manage membership and to create programmes that can foster sense of community and participation among members.
Position: Membership Manager
Location: Mostly remote working, some meetings in Central London
Report to: Volunteer Development & Communications Manager
Works With: Other Volunteers
You: Very relational and empathetic towards the cause and willing to pitch innovative ideas to grow the community. Skills on WordPress and email marketing is a plus but not required.
Us: Small London-based team of volunteers (all with work in different disciplines) working for a charity that is committed to upholding the Equality Act and supporting those with learning difficulties.
- Set up membership database and take charge of recruiting new members
- Ensuring current members are receiving their membership dues
- Develop programs to grow the community
- Keep members up to date through various channels
- Create engagement programs where community members can participate, such as awareness and volunteer activities (i.e workshops, trainings, etc)
- Support the monthly support group
Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent writing skills in English
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- Understanding of all social media channels, particularly Facebook and Twitter and experience using them in a professional context preferred
- Self-starter with the ability to use own initiative and work independently
- Someone who is passionate about dyslexia and dyslexia awareness
Be able to commit a day a week for a 3 month period, beginning ASAP, working remotely.
How to apply:
Please send a covering letter outlining your interest and suitability and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org