Dyslexia Events in London
We have curated the upcoming dyslexia-related events in London and nearby areas. Please feel free to check out this event page every now and then for the latest happenings and gatherings.
Strategies and Resources to support Dyslexic Students
July 29, 2019 @ 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Osborne Cawkwell Tuition are running a pilot course to train English tutors in the fundamentals of supporting children with dyslexia. Whilst this is in no way meant to replace support with qualified dyslexia specialists, we feel all tutors who teach English should have a grasp the fundamentals of SpLDs/Dyslexia to be able to support students appropriately and generally improve teaching practice in what is currently a fairly unregulated industry. The course is being run by Katrina Cochrane (ex Head of Education and Policy at the British Dyslexia Association who now runs her own consultancy http://www.positivedyslexia.co.uk).
– What is dyslexia and the co-occurring difficulties such as ASD, Dyspraxia, ADHD
– Identification of Dyslexia using checklists, use of commercial screeners and what happens in a full diagnostic assessment
– Strategies and resources to support dyslexic children
– Multi-sensory techniques in lesson planning and delivery
– Spelling workshop
– Being a Dyslexia friendly tutor